Dutch Harbor Update | Deadliest Catch Ready For 2012 Opener
The snow crab season is about to start up north in the Bering Sea. The season is technically open, but the crews are taking a break for the holiday season. Crabbers are beginning to migrate back to Dutch to start the opilio season, which has a great quota this year. The King crab season quota was smaller, but the price of King Crab is at its highest ever. The snow crab is expected to fetch a record price this season, as well.
I’ve included some tweets from the DC crew. The photos are courtesy of Dutch harbor dirt. These photos were taken over the recent holiday. Make sure to check the Dutch Harbor cam for all the latest dock action in Dutch.
gearing up and getting ready to celebrate the 13th anniversary of my great Alaskan adventure on the bering sea...... fb.me/COiz8GhX—
travis lofland (@alohatrav) December 27, 2011
@danecook Mike from Deadliest Catch...have 2 of ur movies on the Time Bandit..hilarious!! Off to film Season 8 of Deadliest Catch on Sunday!—
Mike Fourtner (@MikeFourtner) December 30, 2011
@rachannwelch Headed out for Opilio in January. Season 8 airs April 2012.—
Andy Hillstrand (@capt_andy) December 31, 2011
- The Hunt for the Deadliest Catch Continues | LIVE Dockcam (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- 2011 West Coast Commercial Fishing Year in Review | Part I (juneautek.com)
- Alaska fishing crewman accused of identity theft (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Dutch Harbor leads tonnage catch in NOAA listing (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Bookshelf: Time Bandit (learntodivetoday.wordpress.com)