Togiak Herring 2012 | Could Early Spawn Equal A Roepocalypse?
The recent Sitka herring sac roe fishery ended early because the herring spawned out before the massive quota was caught. Now, Alaska‘s largest herring fishery in Togiak is showing signs of early spawn. After an aerial survey on Monday, many signs af herring are obvious in the region. The most surprising factor was the noticeable spawn and the congregation of the fish against the shore. The level of surprise is obvious in the audio from KDLG. The fishery opened at 6:00 PM on Monday. Stay tuned for more updates…
- Herring Update | Canadian Fishery Gets Underway (juneautek.com)
- Sitka Herring 2012 | Its On Like Spawn (juneautek.com)
- Sitka Herring 2012 | Third Opener (juneautek.com)
- Fishtory | Southeast Alaska and Herring (juneautek.com)
- Ports Of Call | Sitka By The Sea (juneautek.com)
- Dutch Harbor Update | Snow Crab Extension Due to Record Breaking Ice Pack (juneautek.com)