Fish Tech | Nine Nautical Apps
Here are a few apps that will get you up to date on all your fishing needs. This bundle includes some awesome weather apps, a few reference apps, and some navigation aids. While some apps provide navigation info, they are only intended as a navigational aid. Make sure to keep your eyes open out there and always had a hard copy of the chart region you are traveling in. Enough safety, read up on some can’t miss nautical apps. Click on the itunes image to hop over to the app.
This is a great app due to its simplicity and speed. You need an active internet connection, as the charts are streamed from the geogarage webite. Otherwise, this is a great charting app that can be used for planning a trip and getting the lay on the land.
Alaska Journal of Commerce
Now you can get the latest and greatest from one of Alaska‘s oldest and most trusted news sources. The design is clean and the app has fresh updates daily.
Now you can have AIS info at your fingertips. This app is an extension of the Marinetraffic.com website. It gives you the ability to see nearby vessels in congested harbors. The app requires an internet connection, so it limited when heading out to sea. It’s still a great tool for following boats out on the bering sea.
NOAA Buoys and Tide Data
This a one of the better weather apps and it’s from a trusted news source in Alaska. The design is amazing, especially on the iPad.
Motion X GPS
The built-in GPS and Accelerometer make this a useful app for double checking your vessel’s instruments. The results are accurate and the design is superb. It’s also one of the more popular GPS apps in the app store.
Marine Navigation Pro
This might be the cheapest AIS Solution on the market. The cool little app allows you to yourself and other AIS vessels around your position. This is obvious not a full fledged AIS system. It’s a great way to get familiar with new navigation aid. This could be the future of AIS technology.
- Fish Tech | Furuno Navnet TZTouch (juneautek.com)
- OCaml iOS App for Marine Navigation (psellos.com)
- Alaska Salmon | Copper River Reds Begins Today. (juneautek.com)
- Fishtory | Southeast Alaska and Herring (juneautek.com)
- App of the Day: iTracker (ziggytek.com)
- Smartphone app could help blind navigate indoors (futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com)
- Salmon Summery | Looking Back and Pushing Forward (juneautek.com)
- 7 Essential Navigation Tips for New Boat Owners (boatinsurance.org)
- Saving the Whales?There’s an App for That (foxnews.com)