The National Restaurant Association has released the 2013 “What”s Hot?” List. Over 1,800 culinary professionals were asked what trends will be prevalent in the restaurant environment this coming year. The healthy consumer revolution continues, as locally caught wild seafood and sustainability top the list. Also the demand for healthy kids meals and gluten free alternatives, take a spot in the top ten. The entire landscape of food and how we consume it is shifting to a vastly more informed consumer. The future is looking exciting and great for our health.
- The fine print on gluten-free packaged foods (macleans.ca)
- Top food trends for 2013 (timesunion.com)
- Farm To Table – Taking Food Local (thechicecologist.com)
- The world’s best restaurants, by Raymond Blanc (telegraph.co.uk)
- Food and Beverage Innovators: The 2013 FABI Awards are open (nrashow.typepad.com)